Instrument and Electrical Journeyman Technician
JOB TITLE: Instrument and Electrical Journeyman Technician
This position will be required to perform safe and efficient calibration, installation, troubleshooting and repair of all existing and future company electrical, instrumentation and process control systems.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position will be responsible for maintaining the following types of equipment and system:
• Power distribution centers, transformers and large rectifying equipment.
• Motor starters and electrical interlocking control system.
• Electrical testing equipment.
• Variable Frequency Drive equipment.
• Single and poly phased voltage motors, starters and drives.
• AC and DC drives and motors.
• Emergency generators.
• Uninterruptable power supply units.
• Switchgear battery systems.
• Lighting equipment including florescent, HPS, LPS and Metal Halide.
• Evaluate electrical control systems including starter, fusing, wiring and breaker sizing.
• HVAC units.
• Self-regulating and constant voltage heat tracing.
• Installation of electrical wiring ducting including EMT, cable tray systems, Plastic and ridged conduit.
• Electronic and pneumatic instrumentation used to measure pressure, temperature, flow, level, density, and analytical applications.
• Safety, weight and miscellaneous sensors.
• Control valves, operators and positioners.
• Control system modes, including on-off control, proportional control, closed and open
loop control, cascade loops, feedback and feed forward control loops.
• Programmable Logic Controllers and Distributive Control System units.
• Chlorine moisture analyzers.
• Hydrogen in Chlorine analyzers.
• Hydrogen analyzers.
• Air compressor and air dryer controls.
Safety and regulator publications usage:
• NFPA 70E
• Process Safety Management System
• National Electrical Code
• OSHA Regulations
• Chlorine Institute Pamphlets
• ISO 9001
• Material Safety Data Sheet
• Responsible Care Management System
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Minimum High school graduate, GED or equivalent education.
• Chemical manufacturing industry experience.
• State certification as a journeyman industrial
electrician or instrumentation technician.
• Technical or vocational school training in relevant field.
• Computer skills including knowledge of Word processing programs, spreadsheet programs and computerized maintenance management programs.
• Strong basic science knowledge focusing on chemical, electrical and physic.
• Strong mathematical skills.
• Strong electrical and instrumentation system troubleshooting abilities
• Ability to read and understand P&ID and electrical drawings.
• Communication skills when working with process operators, management, environmental and engineering disciplines.